A safe place for single women and mothers with children.
“Come to me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.”
AWAKEN, Arkansas’ Women & Kids Educational Nook, is the Little Rock Compassion Center’s shelter for single women and mothers with children. It is a 75-bed facility designed to meet the needs of women and children experiencing homelessness in Little Rock.
This special place is much more than a shelter. It has been designed to be a warm and welcoming home-like environment with a focus on recovery, family, life transformation, and hope renewed.
Coming here, women and children in crisis will awaken to a new life at the Nook.
- A safe place for single women and mothers with children.
- A healing place among people who understand and care.
- A place to be loved, forgiven, and made new by Jesus Christ.
- A place to restore health with 3 good meals a day.
- A place to build a better life.
To apply to stay at AWAKEN please call the office at 501-296-9114 or AWAKEN directly at 501-451-4654 to schedule an application interview.
- Biblical, Christian Counsel
- Drug & Alcohol Recovery
- GED Completion
- Career Skills
- Cooking Classes
- Money Management Training
- Health Life-Skills Training
- Bible Study & Worship
- Medical Services
For those in need of drug and alcohol recovery, we have programs that range in length from 6 to 24 months. All programs and services are provided free thanks to the financial and volunteer support of generous friends.